We are looking for someone passionate about growing team engineering skills and capable of shepherding technology on a project through completion. You will be responsible for leading a small team (2-3) of engineers to build a new (unannounced) game project. This position also requires significant hands-on coding. While our offices are located in San Francisco, the entire Funomena team is currently working remotely due to the pandemic.
- Work with the art, production, and design teams to develop a unified vision of the game and schedule targets
- Manage the technical scope of the project and distribution of work across the engineering team
- Mentor junior engineers and share best practices knowledge with the rest of the studio
- Design, implement, and maintain key parts of gameplay, engine, and tools systems
- Ensure game meets technical goals regarding stability, performance, and platform requirements
- Research new hardware platforms and APIs to determine their strengths and limitations, and decide on appropriate engine and middleware solutions
- Work with external hardware partners to report issues and plan for updates
- Excellent knowledge of C++ or C#
- Shipped 2 commercial titles as an engineer
- Shipping experience with commercial engines (Unreal, Unity, etc)
- Good at breaking down abstract ideas into concrete tasks
- Understands how to balance rapid iteration with long-term robustness
- Excellent communication skills with different disciplines
- Experience using profiling and debugging tools
- Understanding of efficient memory management
- Experience with multithreading and concurrency
- Patience with experimental hardware and buggy APIs :)
- Experience with experimental / in-development hardware platforms
- Experience with VR or AR
- Experience in a lead role
Funomena is committed to creating an inclusive and safe work environment that reflects the diversity of the world around us. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Funomena is an E-verified company that does visa sponsorship if required.